The time has come. New Year's is over. So what does that mean? The Christmas CRAP has to come down!! LOL
I love the look of my house at Christmas. It just looks so cozy and homey but a few days after Christmas I AM DONE!!! I am ready to see it go.
Normally it is a production all of us helping take the decorations and lights off of the tree etc but this year was different. I was sitting here yesterday afternoon and just got tired of it. The plan was to take the stuff down today but I couldn't stop myself. I decided that I "would just get started with the ornaments". Then Abby came to help me and and we managed to get them ALL off. Then I decided "I can get the lights off...I think" and when that was complete I couldn't just leave the tree standing there. My OCD was kicking in and I needed to get the tree out of the house and vacuum everything. So I took the tree (still in the stand) and drug it out the front door, down the steps and left it on the sidewalk! LOL I am sure that while the neighbors knew what I was doing was also wondering how long I was going to leave it there. I know I was wondering how long it was stand there! LOL
So 3 hours later, the house was back to normal, carpet was vacuumed and the tree was STILL sitting on the sidewalk. Although Mike tried to put it off for a little while I got him to take it to the street within 20 minutes of being home! SCORE!!!
Today we tackle the lights and wreathes on the outside of the house. Goodbye Christmas decor....see you next year!!
Sunday, January 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I hear ya...when Christmas is done, it's done!
ReplyDeleteWas also checking out your year in review. I loved it with all the pictures!