Friday, May 14, 2010

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day doing what ever is was that YOU wanted to do!

The Webb family had a GREAT day!!!

Mike had never gotten to go strawberry picking with us girls and of course Logan had never been so we planned to spend the morning in Surry picking strawberries at College Run Farms http://www.collegerunfarms.com/, lunch at The Surry House and then take the ferry over to Williamsburg and drive home that way.

We didn't make the ferry, it was about an hour's wait from where we were in line to just get ON the ferry and it was getting late so we decided to for go that. At least that day...we will do it another weekend.

The weather was great....a little on the cool side but still nice. We ended up picking 2 gallons and strawberries and they are DELISH!!!


Abby looks ready to go!
A little cool but we are going to find just the right row


OUR TAKE!!!


The Surry House was just as delish as everyone always says and what vague memories I have of going there as a kid....of course we had to have some of their FAMOUS Peanut Soup!! Mike and Abby loved it!!! It was ok....like eating warmed up peanut butter...




We are still enjoying the strawberries!! The first night we enjoyed a wonderful strawberry shortcake, made with angel food cake. Since then I tried to make jam, which by the way, didn't turn out.. :( but it looks like we may have some tasty strawberry syrup. And we (or should I say I) have endulge each evening in either strawberry and whipped cream or strawberry sprinkled with Splenda. But today at the store I got some EXTRA special....chocolate dip! So tonight we had strawberries dipped in warm chocolate sauce....YUMM-O!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect day! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother's Day was cool. In the midst of all that warm weather it would have been nice if it was a tad warmer.

    I LOVE that first pic of Abby. Logan and his future wife look great together too:)

    ReplyDelete